Office of the Executive Vice President: Director of Operations & Finance
The Director of Operations and Finance is responsible for overseeing the administrative and financial operations of the Office. The Director will garner and evaluate financial proposals for ASUC commercial revenues, ensuring that student money is responsibly spent in a manner that serves all stakeholders on campus. Additionally, the Director will help publicize and administer grants on behalf of the Office, modernize the ASUC’s finance bylaws, and lead the Office’s efforts to create and fund new student programs and services.
- Serving as the EVP representative to the ASUC CASSA Fund Advisory Committee.
- Coordinating and distributing a $25,000 Advocacy Grant for communities engaged in advocacy efforts, including hosting funding application workshops.
- Reviewing and drafting recommendations on financial proposals for ASUC commercial revenues.
- Assisting with and drafting grant proposals to campus units such as CACSSF, the Green Initiative Fund, and the Wellness Fund.
- Overseeing and liasoning with ASUC Chartered Programs.
- Process Purchase Request Forms (PRF’s) from the office - may additionally be involved in improving ASUC contracts efficiency.
Who we are looking for
- You’re a solutions-focused, innovative, strategic thinker. You thrive when thinking about how to maximize public gain with resource and funding limitations.
- Transparency and efficiency are your middle names. You understand the responsibilities that come with handling financial affairs for a nonprofit organization, and are committed to legal compliance.
- You’re dedicated to social impact - to you, socially conscious and responsible finance is not just good policy, but good principle.
A total of five to six (5-6) hours weekly, consisting of the following approximate breakdown:
- One to two (1-2) hours developing new programs & service funding proposals.
- One to two (1-2) hours managing office funding and operations, performing outreach for the Advocacy Grant, and administering the Grant.
- One (1) hour of departmental meetings with associates.
- One (1) hour of general tasks relating to the CASSA Fund Committee.