Office of the Executive Vice President: Director of Marketing and Communications
The Director of Marketing and Communications will define the public face of the Office of the Executive Vice President. The Director will be tasked with developing and executing innovative marketing, design, and outreach strategies to increase engagement with our Office’s affairs and the ASUC at large. The Director will aim to develop interactive relationships with our constituents. The Director will also advise the EVP on statements concerning University policy and relevant ASUC affairs. The role is at the intersection of public policy, community engagement, analytics, art, and marketing.
- Driving growth in social media engagement for the Office of the Executive Vice President across a number of platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Developing and executing on digital marketing strategies for the Office’s platforms and initiatives.
- Creating graphics and regular content for our social media platforms, and working with ASUC stakeholders to coordinate and improve overall ASUC communications.
Who we are looking for
- You’re a creative genius. You are a master of using mediums and platforms to effectively communicate your message. You watch old historical speeches for rhetorical content and observe campaign and initiative posters for visual impact.
- Artistic detail matters to you. You understand the slight but critical differences between a chicory blue and a lilac blue. The interplay between creative intent and viewer reception is at the forefront of your mind.
- You’re a social media dynamo; creating organic engagement with content is second nature to you.
- Your work is motivated by a drive for high-impact information dissemination. You’re comfortable monitoring data and analytics trends to implement evidence-based strategy in your communications frameworks.
- Knowledge of graphics creation softwares is a definite plus.
A total of five to six (5-6) hours weekly, consisting of the following approximate breakdown:
- One (1) hour of meeting with the EVP and Chief of Staff per week.
- One to two (1-2) hours of directing social media content on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter per week.
- One (1) hour of outreach strategizing per week and creating Office Newsletters.
- One to two (1-2) hours per week of creating social media graphics as per request of other office departments and entities within the ASUC.