Office of the Executive Vice President: Director of Community Outreach & Development
The Director of Community Outreach and Development will be tasked with engaging the diverse communities of our campus with our Office’s initiatives and the ASUC at large. The Director will be engaged in substantial advocacy efforts, leading the EVP Office’s continued efforts to secure spaces and resource centers for underrepresented students. The Director will be interfacing with campus units and administration to ensure that student voices are accurately represented to the University and within the ASUC. Furthermore, the Director will collaborate with Policy & Legislation to develop an ASUC Advisory Council (see Duties).
- Spreading awareness about ASUC general committee appointments to community members to increase student engagement.
- Attending campus community meetings to gauge student input and feedback on the ASUC and EVP Office’s initiatives.
- Working with stakeholders to develop an ASUC-wide policy on spaces and resource centers, unifying space allocation efforts.
- Hosting workshops for, and assisting in writing, proposals to the Space Allocations and Capital Improvements Committee (SACI).
- Developing an ASUC Advisory Council to directly elevate Registered Student Organization (RSO) voices within the ASUC’s policymaking and regular business.
Who we are looking for
- You’re passionate about the changemaking process. You think about how institutions both enable and stifle community input, and how to make systems of representation more directly responsive to students.
- You are comfortable with interacting with various constituencies, understanding their unique perspectives and needs from the University and the ASUC.
- You’re a consensus-builder. People gravitate to your framing of issues.
A total of five to six (5-6) hours weekly, consisting of the following approximate breakdown:
- One to two (1-2) hours engaging with Registered Student Organizations.
- One to two (1-2) hours drafting proposals for community resource centers and gauging campus spaces for resource centers.
- One (1) hour leading department meetings with associates.
- One to two (1-2) hours of attending community meetings and garnering feedback on ASUC and EVP initiatives.