- Student Orgs
- Press and Media
Thank you for your interest in working with the Office of ASUC Senator Melvin Tangonan. The ASUC is a large, and often confusing institution on our campus, and you are applying to be a part of a team of intentional, community-minded leaders that will maximize the good we can do for our community.
We are striving to create an office that ensures access to the basic needs and rights of each student, provides a platform for organizations and voices to be heard, and expands inclusivity throughout campus communities.
Specifically, our goals and platforms include:
PILIPINX ORGANIZATION REPRESENTATION
• Increase financial and space support for the Pilipinx Organizations through ASUC and the University Administration
• Advocate to the Chancellors and Vice Chancellors to support the inclusion of Organizations to acquire permanent spaces through the topic of Deferred Maintenance
SUPPORT FOOD ACCESSIBILITY FOR STUDENTS
• Support food access to EBT (Electronic Benefit Transfer) users
• Create a Resource Guide of EBT-accepting locations and raise awareness of the different services low-income students can utilize
EVENT POLICIES AND OPERATIONS
• Reform Major Events Policy for Cultural and Performing Arts Groups on campus
• Seek grants and other financial revenues to assist small performance groups that struggle to reserve space for their shows, events and programming
• Support and engage in dialogue with room reservation representatives to modify space reservation requirements and bylaws
Learn more about the office’s structure and available positions at https://tinyurl.com/ASUCTangonanStructure , and view our office’s organizational chart at https://tinyurl.com/ASUCTangonanOrgChart . If you have any questions about the application or what we plan to do, please contact Chief-of-Staff Alex Gatus at email@example.com.
The deadline for continuing UC Berkeley students and incoming transfers/re-entry is Monday, August 5th at 11:59 p.m. Once applications have been received and reviewed, more information will be sent concerning interviews. Interviews will be conducted around the second and third week of August. If there is an issue of the deadline, please do not hesitate to contact us as soon as possible, 3 days before August 5th.
First-years are encouraged to apply for internships in the Fall through the ASUC. Application will be out as soon as the academic year begins for Fall 2019-2020.
We look forward to reading your application! Best of Luck!
I S A N G
B A G S A K,
ASUC Pilipinx Endorsed Senator
2019 – 2020