- Student Orgs
- Press and Media
Thank you for your interest in applying to create change with the Office of ASUC Senator Gerosa!
Our ambition is to create a more proactive, responsible, and equitable university by empowering students to engage with projects that match their passions and interact with administrators to make these visions a reality. The office’s work will center around these main platforms:
1. Mental Health & Alcohol/Substance Use-Based Resources
2. Sexual Health Resource Accessibility
3. Survivor-Centric Sexual Violence Prevention
4. Greek Community Development
While differing positions within the office will have specialized responsibilities, the general duties will be:
• Create policy, programming, and initiatives related to the department.
• Collaborate with administrators, community leaders, and other offices regarding campus policies and programs.
• Support & assist other office departments with special projects and events.
• Attend weekly office meetings, as well as weekly department meetings.
• Strong written and verbal skills to best communicate with relevant stakeholders & administrators.
• Strong organizational and project-management skills to manage multiple tasks with deadlines.
• Familiarity/background with the work you are applying to do.
• An intersectional lens to understand how issues affect communities differently, and how to best serve the campus as a whole.
The application covers four pages total with sections about department choice and your experiences, as well as more fun getting-to-know-you questions at the end. Applications will be open for all applicants until August 1. Please forward any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The priority deadline for applications is Sunday, August 18th at 11:59pm. Applications submitted after this will be reviewed on a rolling basis until September 1st. Please forward any questions to email@example.com.